Is entering Vietnam in the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2021 part of your plan? Due to the COVID-19 situation, there have been some changes in the immigration requirements and restrictions in Vietnam. Read on to learn about the latest updates on how to enter Vietnam. UPDATED: According the the latest updates Vietnam’s borders are now fully open to vaccinated individuals looking for Expert Visa & Investment Visas to enter the country.
Flights from and to Vietnam
As of September 2021 Vietnam’s borders are now open to flights from most countries around the world with only a 7 day quarantine period in a designated hotel. However, only people applying for an Expert Business Visa and an Investor Visa are allowed into the country.
Read More About Cekindo’s Immigration Service for Foreigners in Vietnam
Entering Vietnam: Restrictions and Quarantine
The up-to-date regulations about the instruction of quarantine has untightened the term of quarantine to the foreign experts who immigrate into Vietnam from the countries that have controlled the pandemic and requires that all visitors are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
The time of quarantine in centralised quarantine has decreased to only 7 days as a result of the onset of the Delta as of new immigration updates implemented in September 2021. They are obliged to remain in a government-approved quarantine hotel throughout the duration of their stay, and must be tested three times throughout.
The following is the procedure of examination and quarantine to undertake if you want to enter Vietnam:
1. Before entry
- Register with a concentrated facility for quarantine upon arrival in Vietnam together with a specific work schedule in Vietnam.
- Prepare a certificate confirming negative SARS-CoV-2 result (in English) tested by the viral RNA (RT-PCR/RT-LAMP, etc.) detection from a competent health authority 3-5 days before entry.
- Be fully vaccinated against Covid up to 14 days and no longer than 12 months before arrival.
2. Upon entry
- Take a COVID-19 test at the border checkpoint (the 1st day of COVID-19 test).
- If the test result is positive, the medical isolation at the medical facility shall be applied immediately.
- If it is negative or not clear, the entrants are taken to their registered quarantine hotel.
3. At the concentrated quarantine facility
- All cases are sampled for the second test on the 6th day of entry or as soon as they have suspected symptoms of disease.
- If the test result is a positive, immediate isolation at a medical facility shall be applied.
- If it is negative, they are allowed to move to their accommodation for further quarantine until full 14 days of entry and follow the epidemic prevention measures in accordance with the current guidance of the Ministry of Health.
4. At the accommodation
- Strictly implement measures of medical supervision, quarantine, epidemic prevention, avoid contact with the community and immediately notify the health authorities upon any sign of suspicion of being infected with COVID.
- The local health authorities carry out medical supervision according to regulations and take samples for SARS-CoV-2 test on the 7th day of entry or upon any suspected symptoms. If the test result is positive, the medical isolation at the medical facility shall be applied immediately.
Entering Vietnam with a Business Visa: The Procedure
The following procedure is to be undertaken for those who wish to come to Vietnam with a business visa:
Step 1: Submit the required legal documents to the Labour department (1 week).
Step 2: The Labour department will check and deliver those documents to the People’s Committee Ho Chi Minh City (2 weeks).
-> Get the approval list.
Step 3: Book a flight ticket and hotel (in advance).
Step 4: Submit the results of (2) and (3) to the Immigration Authority (5 working days).
-> Get the business visa.
Step 5: Go to the Vietnamese Embassy to take the business visa (upon your schedule).
Step 6: Take the COVID -19 test 3 days before the flight (upon your schedule).
Step 7: Submit the results of (2),(3), and (4) to International Medical Quarantine Center in Ho Chi Minh City (1 working day).
UPDATE: Submit Proof of Being Fully Vaccinated Againgst Covid-19
Consult with Cekindo Prior to Your Visit to Vietnam
The immigration regulations may change from time to time based on the newest situation related to COVID-19 crisis. Therefore, it would be best to consult with a visa specialist who always keeps up with the latest changes pertaining to visa application, entering Vietnam and quarantine requirements. At this moment Cekindo does not offer single-use Visa applications, due to the ongoing changes to the immigration rules you MUST apply for a one of our Business Set Up services in conjunction with a Visa application..
Fill in the form below should you have a plan to visit Vietnam. We will be happy to provide you with professional advice and assistance.