The Vietnamese government put on hold the access of all global visitors on March 22, 2020. This restriction applies to all foreigners, including foreign workers holding visa exemption certificates. The newly implemented law is to help contain the spread of coronavirus. Consequently, the government suspended all global air travel by March 25, 2020, successfully shutting out foreign visitors and organization professionals.
However, Vietnamese nationals who would like to return to Vietnam could still do so, but they have to be on specific repatriation trips assigned by the authorities. Other exceptions include officials, diplomats, managers, business professionals, managers, certain trainees, and very experienced workers to enter Vietnam if they satisfy the necessary criteria.
Since September 15, 2020, the Vietnamese government has resumed the operation of 6 global air routes between Vietnam and Tokyo in Japan, Seoul in Korea, Guangzhou in China, Phnom Penh in Cambodia, Vientiane in Laos, and Taipei in Taiwan. Phnom. However, foreign employees who intend to get in Vietnam need to ensure they have the right sponsor company who can help them get the required paperwork and interact with any type of changes to them.
Requirements for Foreign Workers for Entry into Vietnam
Employers should acquire all the essential documents and authorizations as in advance as possible to ensure that there will not be any kind of hold-ups.
Here we highlight several essential steps that companies can take on to help facilitate the foreign employees’ entry into Vietnam:
- The company must send a letter to the regional people’s committee with their employee’s personal and work details, in addition to their travel plans.
- The regional provincial people’s committee or Provincial Health department will then decide to approve for the foreign employees to come to Vietnam or reject the application.
- Once the provincial authority has approved the application, the company would likewise require to submit the visa application and necessary papers to Vietnam’s immigration department. The employer should also hand in the regional people’s committee’s approval decision.
More Requirements for Foreign Employees and Companies
For foreign workers getting in Vietnam, there are additional demands:
- Three days before getting in Vietnam, foreign employees will undoubtedly have to evaluate for COVID-19. This compulsory COVID-19 test requires a real-time PCR method and must be performed at testing facilities approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) or the Vietnamese government.
- Foreign employees shall have worldwide health insurance. Otherwise, the employees’ sponsor will have to be responsible for the treatment fee if the foreign workers, unfortunately, get COVID-19.
- All visitors, consisting of Vietnamese citizens, need to pay for their quarantine starting September 1, 2020. International visitors who decide to remain at Vietnam’s government centers must spend a minimum of US$5 or VND 120,000 each day.
Entry into Vietnam: Quarantine Requirements
For foreigners coming into Vietnam other than short business trips less than 14 days, the 14—day quarantine is compulsory at designated facilities. Incoming foreigners must also be tested for COVID-19 at least twice throughout the quarantine. After the quarantine, medical monitoring may be in place for another 14 days for these foreigners.
For international professionals, diplomats, foreign investors, and managers to enter and stay in Vietnam for no more than 14 days, the 14-day quarantine requirement is waived. If they wish to continue staying in Vietnam after 14 days, they must be tested negative for COVID-19 without the need for quarantine.
Foreign experts have their entry into Vietnam via the previously mentioned six international routes must undergo a short five-day quarantine and tested negative for COVID-19 at least twice.
Consult with Cekindo First Before Coming to Vietnam
Made up of an elite team of the most effective immigration professionals in Vietnam, Cekindo can offer you all the assistance you need to for a seamless foreign employee’s entry into Vietnam. Our objective is to supply business and immigration solutions that you can directly and easily suggest to others.
Cekindo never makes our customers envision false dreams. Instead, we work on truths, keep you updated with Vietnamese immigration rules and laws, and provide the most effective way to get the necessary entry permit.
You need a partner that can reassure a secure, inexpensive, and practical transition for your employees to live and work in the land of their desires. We at Cekindo can be that for you. Complete the form below to contact us.