|Following the current public health situations (coronavirus pandemic), foreigners (i) who are investors, experts, skilled-workers, business managers, their families and other persons under agreement with each specific country ((hereinafter referred to as “foreign experts”) and (ii) have a certificate showing not tested positive for COVID-19, issued by competent authorities of the host country, and (iii) get an Approval Letter of People’s Committee where they intend to arrive at, and (iv) get an Approval Letter of Immigration Department, will be allowed to enter Vietnam, However, they must be strictly isolated at qualified accommodation approved by the Vietnamese government to ensure safety measures and prevent the spread of the virus|
There’s no doubt that Vietnam is and always will be an attractive destination for foreign nationals to live, work and study. Therefore, a lot of foreigners have been spending a long time in Vietnam and would like to know what they can do to reside longer in this amazing country. In order to reside in Vietnam for a long period of time, a Vietnam temporary residence card is what a foreigner needs.
In this article, Cekindo will provide answers to the most popular FAQs about the Vietnam temporary visa card.
2021 Vietnam Temporary Residence Card
1. What is the purpose of a Vietnam temporary residence card?
As the name says, the purpose of a Vietnam temporary residence card is to allow foreigners to stay in Vietnam for a longer period of time temporarily.
2. Who is eligible for a Vietnam temporary residence card?
The following people are eligible to apply for a temporary residence card in Vietnam:
- Foreigners with a Vietnam work permit that is valid for a minimum of 12 months at the time of the temporary residence card application
- Foreigners who are lawyers and licensed to practice in Vietnam
- Foreigners who are owners of one-member limited liability company
- Foreigners who are members of two-member or more limited liability company
- Foreigners with LV1, LV2, ĐT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LD, TT visas
- Foreigners who are members of international organizations, consular offices and diplomatic missions, as well as their spouses and children under 18 years old
3. How many types of residence cards are there?
There are two types of Vietnam residence card:
- Temporary Residence Card
- Permanent Residence Card
4. What are the benefits of the residence card?
Here are some major benefits of a temporary residence card:
- Foreigners can purchase apartments and houses
- Foreigners will not have to extend their business visa or tourist visa and thus save money
- Foreigners can reside in Vietnam for a longer period of time without leaving the country, as long as the card is valid
- Foreigners can operate their businesses and get married in Vietnam more easily
5. What are the requirements for the application?
Requirements for applying a temporary residence card include the following:
- The validity of the passport must be at least 13 months
- Foreigners are required to reside in Vietnam for at least 12 months
6. What are the procedures?
Steps to get a temporary residence card:
- Prepare and submit the required documents
- Authorities will review the documents upon the receipt to make sure the documents are valid and complete
- If the documents are incomplete, applicants will have to submit the supplementary documents
- Authorities will inform the applicants of the results
- If the application is approved, applicants pay the visa fee
- Authorities issue the temporary residence card
The validity of the temporary residence card varies between 1 and 3 years. The entire process takes about five business days.
7. What are your responsibilities as a temporary residence card holder?
As a residence card holder, you have the following responsibilities:
- Return temporary residence card to the relevant authority once it has expired
- Comply with all Vietnamese laws and regulations set out for temporary residence card
- Report any changes
8. Can this temporary residence card be extended?
Yes. You can extend your temporary residence card upon its expiry.
How Cekindo can Help
Cekindo is a cross-border advisory firm with an expertise in visa application in Vietnam, including Vietnam Temporary Residence Card.
The residency card application can be lengthy and tiresome in Vietnam. However, Cekindo has put in place a team of professionals and an effective system so that your application process can be fast and effortless.
Apart from visa application, we have an extensive knowledge and offer a wide gamut of services to help foreign investors who wish to set up their businesses in Vietnam.
For more information about the Vietnam Temporary Residence Card procedures and other visa services, all you have to do is to complete the enquiry form below.