As covid-19 continues to wreak havoc across the globe, Vietnam faces its own share of challenges. It had successfully suppressed the virus for much of last year thanks to targeted testing and a coordinated quarantine scheme, but the highly infectious Delta variant caused a surge in infections since late April 2021. That being said, quarantine rules have been updated recently to benefit foreign direct investors and experts wishing to enter the country.
As Vietnam slowly starts rolling back restrictions, government officials announced that Vietnam’s borders are now open to specialist business entrants as well as foreign direct investors and their quarantine period will be reduced to half for the entrants who are vaccinated. For potential Cekindo clients who are wanting to enter Vietnam, or are waiting for the right opportunity, now is the right moment to take action. This article provides updates on the quarantine period and other government-issued regulations for entrants. Cekindo’s immigration team is now actively taking applicants.
Current Covid-19 Scenario in Vietnam
In the recent update, as of 16th December 2021, the Vietnamese Ministry of Health (MOH) issued Official Dispatch No. 10688/BYT-MT, reducing the time of concentrated medical isolation for entrants who have received a full dose of the Covid-19 vaccine.
Foreign entrants who have been fully vaccinated and tested covid-negative will be subjected to only three-day long quarantine under the new decree. The decision follows earlier this year’s appeals in Vietnam from European and American business leaders to relax laws to make it easier for foreign investors and specialists to operate. fully vaccinated foreigners are now allowed to apply for the Specialist Business Visa as well as the Investor Visa. Those visitors will only need to quarantine for 3 days upon entrance to the country and be required to monitor their health for the following 14 days.
Vietnam’s Quarantine Period Update As Per The MoH
The Ministry of Health provides the following information on medical isolation for those who are allowed to enter Vietnam after receiving complete doses of COVID-19 vaccine or who have recovered from COVID-19:
- The immigrants who fully meet the following conditions are supposed to carry out concentrated medical isolation for 03 days and continue to be monitored for the next 14 days (save for individuals entering the country).
- Having a negative SARS-CoV-2 test result (by RT-PCR/RT-LAMP method) within 72 hours after departure, certified by the competent authorities of the country where the test was performed.
- Have received a full dose of COVID-19 vaccine and a certificate of immunization (the last dose administered within the last 14 days and not more than 12 months by the time of entrance);
- The immigrants who have been infected with SARS-CoV-2 in the past (with a certificate of a positive test for SARCOV-2 by RT-PCR method of the single sample not older than 6 months by the time of entry) and possess a certificate of recovery from SARS-CoV-2. COVID-19 disease or equivalent documents establishing recovery from the disease, issued by the competent authority in the country of treatment.
- The immigrants will be tested for SARS-CoV-2 on the third day (the first day can use rapid antigen test or by RT-PCR method; the 7th day using single-sample RT-PCR is mandatory). If the result is positive, then the situation will be handled according to government regulations.
- The handover and transportation for people entering the country who have completed concentrated medical isolation for continued medical supervision and monitoring shall be carried out as per the regulations.
After the concentrated medical isolation, the entrants would be monitored (or monitor themselves) for their health with the constant use of a contact tracing app called Bluezone. According to VNexpress, the Ministry of Health has asked for assistance in reviewing and certifying Covid-19 immunization and recovery certificates from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Participants should be able to be quarantined in hotels if necessary, and the quarantine expenses should be paid by the entrants themselves.
How Can Cekindo Help?
Our business visa and Investor visa specialists are now actively processing entry requests from business people around the world looking to enter Vietnam in Q4 2021. Apply now via the form below and our immigration department will be in touch within the next 24 hours.
Let’s start by filling out the form below and talking to one of our professional counselors.