Vietnam is known not only for its beautiful landscape and diverse culture but also for its helpful and kind people. So, it is not surprising that this friendliness and warmth also reflect on the country’s childcare and preschool educational system.
In Vietnam, the government gives preschool education great importance and this can be seen in the Ministry of Education’s issuance of “Objectives and Plans for Preschool Education”. With this, the Vietnamese government aims to promote the initial elements of a Vietnamese citizen’s personality, demonstrate love to children, and secure a consistently positive development of children.
Investing in Vietnam? See Cekindo’s A-Z Company Incorporation Services
In general, there are two types of preschool facilities in Vietnam: regular form (also known as crèches) and irregular form (also known as infant school).
The regular preschools are designed for children between 3 and 36 months old and the irregular ones are created for children between 3 and 5 years old. Some preschools in Vietnam also combine both types.
Currently, there are about 13,000 regular preschools in Vietnam with 600,000 children and 85,000 teachers; 7,000 irregular preschools with 1,600,000 students and 75,000 teachers.
Requirements to Open a Preschool in Vietnam
Foreign investors must meet the following requirements to legally open a preschool in Vietnam:
- The foreign investor’s proposal about their preschool establishment must meet the requirements of the local educational network and social-economic development by the state regulatory authority.
- The preschool establishment proposal shall clearly and precisely state the missions, objectives, and curriculum outline and framework of the preschool. The proposal must also detail other information such as intended preschool construction location, land use and location, equipment, and other facilities; as well as organisational structure, management and personnel, financial and other resources, construction and development strategies, and guidelines.
Procedure to Open a Preschool in Vietnam
You must apply to open a preschool in Vietnam with information such as the preschool’s name and location.
Below is the summary of the procedure on how you can open a preschool in Vietnam:
- Submit an application with required documents by post or in-person to the People’s Committee on the district level.
- Upon the receipt of the application form and documents, the authority will assess them regarding their completion and validity.
- The president of the district People’s Committee will then decide if your application is approved or rejected.
Things to Do After the Preschool is Established
The process does not stop here once your preschool in Vietnam is established. Instead, there are several other things you need to do to ensure a successful establishment:
- Apply for an operational permit by post or in-person to the Department of Education and Training.
- The Department of Education and Training will then assess your application documents within 5 working days upon the receipt.
- The same department will also perform an on-site inspection within 15 working days once the assessment is done.
- A decision will be made within 5 working days upon the completion of the inspection. Your application will either be approved or rejected.
How Cekindo can Assist
Whether you are a foreigner thinking of launching your next business in Vietnam, or a local entrepreneur exploring investment options, you will be excited to know that Cekindo can make establishing a business in Vietnam as simple as possible for you.
If you are looking for opening a preschool in Vietnam, our specialists can assist you and reduce the necessary steps you need to register your business. Such ease enables you to set up your business faster and cut down the time and money you need to navigate the complex Vietnam’s legal requirements.
Ready to establish a profitable venture in Vietnam? Don’t wait and discuss it with our business experts right away. Complete the form below.