If you want to start a restaurant in Vietnam, you need to consider these statistics. According to Statista.com, revenue in the restaurant, hotel, and hospitality segment is forecast to reach US$819 million in 2020; revenue in the food and beverage sector is projected to achieve US$464 million.
Vietnam, without a doubt, is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world and the restaurant sector, in particular, has seen immense growth.
Investing in Vietnam’s F&B Market? Read About Cekindo’s Company Registration Services
With the booming tourism and growing purchasing power in Vietnam, many entrepreneurs understand that now is the best time to start a restaurant in the country, allowing both locals and international tourists to indulge in cuisines that Vietnam has to offer.
Procedure for Starting a Restaurant Business in Vietnam
Starting a restaurant in Vietnam is a simple process if you get appropriate assistance from a professional for company registration:
- Select a legal entity that fits your business requirement.
- Obtain a business address with a proper location for your restaurant establishment. To do so, you have to get the Certificate of Land Right Use and house ownership, as well as signing a template contract or memorandum of understanding.
- Apply for related licenses and permits such as food and beverage licenses, Investment Registration Certificate (IRC) and Enterprise Registration Certificate (ERC).
What if You Consider Selling Alcohol in Vietnam for Your Restaurant’s On-Site Consumption?
If you also consider selling alcohol in Vietnam at your restaurants to attract more customers, you will need to apply for related alcohol licenses for alcohol production, distribution, and sale. The direct sale of alcohol for on-site consumption, you must apply for an alcohol license that fits this specific activity.
RELATED: How to Import Wine to Vietnam, a Comprehensive Guide
Requirements and Steps to Secure the Alcohol License
Understanding the requirements of obtaining an alcohol license for selling alcohol in Vietnam is crucial before applying one:
- The restaurant selling alcohol in Vietnam for on-site consumption must be established legally under the Indonesian Law
- The restaurant must have a fixed location with a clear business address
- If the restaurant sells spirits on-site, it must comply with fire fighting and prevention regulation and environmental protection regulation
- The restaurant shall have a proper alcohol license in place for the production, distribution, wholesaling, or retailing of alcohol
- If the restaurant produces its alcohol for on-site consumption, it must also have a license for mass production or home production
- Documents required include Form #1, Form #5, a copy of business registration certificate, a copy of lease agreement of the premise, a copy of alcohol purchase agreement, and a written commitment in regards to the compliance with environmental and fire safety regulations
Here are the steps to apply for an alcohol license when you have fully understood the requirements:
- Submit the alcohol license application by post, in person or via the internet
- Upon the receipt of the valid and complete application, the relevant authority will decide an outcome in 10 business days.
- When the application is proved satisfactory, the authority will appraise the application and get ready to issue the license. If the application is rejected, the reason for rejection will be issued in writing. If the rejection is due to insufficient information or documents, the applicant must provide the supplementary documents in 3 working days.
- The relevant authority will visit and inspect the premise of the restaurant.
- Once the restaurant passes the inspection, the license will be issued with a validity of 5 years.
How Cekindo can Assist
We at Cekindo extend our excellent services to our clients from around the world to set up a restaurant and acquire the right licenses such as alcohol license for selling alcohol in Vietnam.
Our consultants are with rich expertise in both business and legal fields, enabling your requirements of setting up a restaurant in Vietnam that can be completed efficiently with a satisfactory outcome.
Our experts have the ability and experience in setting up different types of restaurants. Please feel free to reach out to us via the form below to get the right kickstart for your business.