|Following the current public health situations (coronavirus pandemic), foreigners who are experts, business managers, high-tech workers and have a certificate showing not tested positive for COVID-19, issued by competent authorities of the host country and approved by Vietnam MOH, will be allowed to enter Vietnam, However, they must be strictly isolated at established accommodation to ensure safety measures and prevent the spread of the virus.|
There are plenty of English teaching opportunities in Vietnam and the country is considered one of the most popular ESL teachers hubs in the world. Therefore, it is relatively easy to get a job as an English teacher in Vietnam, particularly for native English speakers.
In addition to the abundant career opportunities, the cost of living in Vietnam is cheap, the salary is good, the people are friendly, and the whole country is gifted with staggeringly beautiful landscapes with luscious green mountain, magical rivers, and amazing beaches. On top of that, Vietnam is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world, which is why it is full of exciting potentials.
In this post, Cekindo will fill you in about how to get a work permit to teach English in Vietnam.
Demand for Teaching English in Vietnam
Over the past several years, the demand for English teachers in Vietnam has seen a substantial growth. The Vietnamese, especially the younger generation, are so keen on learning this international language now to compete with the world in terms of getting jobs, attracting tourists to the countries, doing business with other countries and eventually boosting the economic growth.
One of the most noteworthy characteristics of Vietnam is its flourishing middle-income group and the youthfulness of the population. Among the 94.66 millions of population, over 50% of them were born after the year of 1975. This young population has a great desire to use their English ability for job qualifications, creating a massive demand for learning, and thus, an enormous demand for the English teachers as well.
Getting a Teaching Permit in Vietnam
In order to qualify as a legal employee to teach English in Vietnam and to renew their business visas, foreigners must obtain a work permit in accordance with Vietnam Law.
Requirements for Getting a Teaching Work Visa in Vietnam
- A University degree or a higher degree. Professional skill certificate is required in some specialised fields:
- A work contract with the employer
- Employer’s sponsorship to obtain a work permit
- Application for a work permit from the local Vietnam Judicial Department
- Criminal record issued by the local Vietnam Judiciary Department if you have been in Vietnam for more than 6 months. If you have stayed in the country for less than 6 months, you must get the criminal record from the Authority Government.
- Application letter of work permission
- A copy of your university degree, higher education degree or professional skill certificate. All degree copies must authenticated by the Department of Notary Public in your home country and be translated into Vietnamese with certification from a Vietnam government agency.
- A health check report from an authorised hospital in Vietnam. The health check result is only valid for 6 months
- Resume with passport photo attached
- Three (3) latest passport photos
In order for you to get a work permit as an ESL teacher in Vietnam, the school where you will be teaching at has to submit an application with required original documents on your behalf. There are certain requirements apply to the employer as well. You may talk to one of our consultants to know the details.
How Cekindo can Help with Work Permit Application in Vietnam
Talk to us first before you apply for your work permit to teach English in Vietnam to ensure compliance. To fasten the process, we can also assist you with your work permit application.
Start by filling in the form below.