How to Register Health Supplements in Vietnam
To register health supplements in Vietnam, investors must comply with several regulations and quite strict food safety and hygiene standards.
Vietnamese law defines health supplements, also known as food supplements or dietary supplements, as products used as a supplement to the daily diet to improve user’s health and immunity. These products may contain one or more substances as follows:
- Vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids, enzymes, probiotics and other biologically active substances;
- Substances derived from animals, minerals, plants in the form of extracts, isolates, concentrates or metabolites;
- Combined sources of the substances mentioned above.
To raise awareness about the medical effects of functional food and other supplements, it is required to label this kind of products with a statement “This product is neither medicine nor effective to replace medicine” on the top of showing the specific phrase for product’s sub-group.
Producers and distributors entering the Vietnamese market must submit product self-declaration or product declaration registration to the Ministry of Health (MOH).
The application dossier should several documents such as:
- Certificate of Free Sale or Health Certificate
- Business registration certificate of a Vietnamese importer consisting of:
- Investment registration certificate (IRC)
- Enterprise registration certificate (ERC)
- Product samples
- Product label
Also, applicable from July 2019, Certificate of Good Manufacturing Practise (GMP) will be required.
Health Supplements Registration with Cekindo
Cekindo is ready to assist you by advising regarding the rules and regulations set out by the Vietnamese government, the type of entity you should consider, finding a reliable business partner or distributor and finally to register your health supplement products in Vietnam.
Fill in the form below, and we will get back to you with a free tailor-made quotation on your business.