Benefits of Cekindo’s Immigration Services
What You Should Know about Vietnam’s Business Visa (DN Visa)
The Immigration Law in Vietnam obliges foreigners staying or working in Vietnam to obtain visas and permits to comply with local regulations. A business visa in Vietnam, also known as DN Visa, is granted to foreigners with an invitation from a business partner or employer based in Vietnam. The employer must guarantee the foreigner’s entry permission by submitting all information to the state agency’s online website and getting approval.
Definition of a DN VisaDN Visa for doing business includes DN1 and DN2 visa:
- DN1 – Issued to foreigners working with other enterprises and organizations that are juridical persons as per the law of Vietnam.
- DN2 – Issued to foreigners making entry to promote services, establish commercial presence or conduct other activities according to international agreements that Vietnam is a signatory to.
Are you eligible to apply for DN Visa?If you want to apply for a DN Visa, you need to be a foreigner who is invited to do business and work in a Vietnamese company. But to do so, you must apply for a work permit and temporary residence card (TRC) for each stay in Vietnam, as the guarantor’s invitation only lasts three months. Or, you are also eligible when you are a student who intends to do an internship. A Vietnamese company that invites you for an internship should provide you with an invitation letter.
Business Visa Vietnam: Requirements + Restrictions ApplyImmigration offices in different countries may impose different requirements and restrictions.
If you visit Vietnam, take into account the following requirements and restrictions:
The process to apply for DN Visa is currently quite strict but as long as you satisfy all the requirements and submit a complete set of required documents it can be quite smooth.
1. When do foreign workers have to apply for a work permit in Vietnam?In some situations, foreign workers foreign workers or other business people are required to apply for a work permit. More specifically, you will have to apply for a work permit if you belong to these roles:
|1||Must apply for work permit||
|2||Work permit not required||Other than the cases above, you don’t need a work permit to be staying and working in Vietnam.|
2. Procedures for getting a Business Visa in VietnamThe following procedures are in line with Decree 152/2020/ND-CP from the Vietnamese government. A. For cases subject to applying for a work permit
- A written request to certify that the foreign worker is not eligible for a work permit.
- Health certificate/health examination certificate
- Written approval of the need to employ foreign workers (except for cases where the need to employ foreign workers is not required)
- Documents proving that the foreign worker is not eligible for a work permit