Over the years, the visa policy in Vietnam is considered flexible, thanks to the open policy to attract more foreign investments. However, it can sometimes be difficult for some specific countries to obtain a visa to Vietnam or there will be certain visa restrictions. The limitations and restrictions are mostly due to health and security concerns of specific countries.
As such, citizens from those restricted countries will have a harder time getting a Vietnam visa for entering the country.
This article aims to show you the list of restricted countries for Vietnam visa application, and how you can go about getting a visa approval letter if you are from a country with certain visa limitations.
Restricted Countries for Vietnam Visa
1. Countries in South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
2. Countries in Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Central Africa, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, South Africa, Tunisia
3. Countries in Middle East: Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
4. Other Countries: Albania, Cuba, Ecuador, Tibet
Requirements for Countries with Vietnam Visa Restrictions
In order to make your visa application process a smooth and swift one, you need to follow the below preparation and steps:
1. Get a visa approval letter before you come to Vietnam. You will be rejected for boarding a plane if you don’t have it.
2. Submit documents in order to get a visa stamp at Vietnam’s airport. These documents are as follows:
- Passport with at least 6-month validity and two blank pages
- Two passport photos
- Visa application form
- Stamping fee
Approval Letter for Your Vietnam Visa
You will get a visa letter from the Department of Vietnam Immigration once your visa-on-arrival is approved. Then, you must present this visa approval letter at one of Vietnam’s international airports upon your landing in Vietnam in order to collect a stamping visa on your passport.
The immigration at the airport will then have to verify your visa letter’s details to confirm that they are the same information in your passport and other travel documents.
You’ll be prohibited from entering the country if there are any discrepancies on the information. A check-in of international flights is only possible when you have a valid visa that you arrange before arriving in Vietnam.
The following are the types of visas in Vietnam that you will need a visa approval letter if you are a foreigner visiting the country:
- For commercial purposes only
- Documents required: a copy of your passport, pages of visa, and an invitation letter from a sponsoring company that is licensed to operate in Vietnam
2. Tourist visa
- For short-term visit to Vietnam
- Documents required: a copy of your passport, pages of visa, a return flight ticket, hotel reservations or tour bookings (in certain circumstances)
Consult with Cekindo First
At Cekindo, we provide various visa application services in Vietnam for foreigners of different nationalities visiting and staying in the country.
Here you will find our team of dedicated and professional visa specialists that are fully committed to offer you efficient visa services every step during the process.
We understand the value of money and time and that’s why we cater to your needs with absolute swiftness and professionalism.
In addition to offering Vietnam visa services, we can assist you in visa extension as well as all sorts of legal advice for business. We want your visa application process to be simple and without hassle.
Start your visa application with Cekindo right away by filling in the form below.